A busy couple of days since returning from holiday. I've had fun making jars of chutney with the marrow from the garden and pickling the beetroot. Anyway now the holiday is over I need to settle down to business and start writing my dissertation.
So far I've managed a To Do list, a new folder on the mac and two phone calls. Getting into a routine was important for my undergrad dissertation and I intend to use the same approach this time.
I also managed a run this evening without any of the psychological or physical ailments that have been niggling since my marathon in May. However none of this would be possible without my twice daily tincture of St Johns Wort. Without it I swing between manic multitasking and lethargic agoraphobic anxiety. I either do 20 things at once or nothing at all. Right now I feel the pressure to take the drug in order to get the job done, particularly taking up driving again, which I loathe!!!! But in taking it I feel that I compromise my true self, why can't I be allowed to just accept that I am a changeable and contrary personality? Taking this drug only helps me to do things that I dislike to do, it doesn't stop me from disliking them.
Thursday, 20 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment