Thursday, 6 August 2009

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Quick blog as I'm going out for a run in a mo. Just had to share my joy at being gifted a huge bag o yarn from mumsy. In return for clearing out a garage full of spiders and putting boxes and bags of stuff onto freecycle. Got loads of acrylic for doing the machine wash baby queue. No way I'd want to spend my hard earned pennies on that much so it really is a gift. Plus it was absolutely throwing down with rain that way so I didn't miss a holiday day at all.

Yesterday the sun finally came out so we packed off up to Dartmoor, along with every other tourist in the area. Did Haytor and Hound Tor, lunch in Widecombe. Then nipped back to Spin a Yarn for a sock project to do in the car, too much choice in there I have ended up with one for me and one for Toby. Still he has now had a chance to see for himself some of the gorgeous yarn out there and he was educated in the different qualities whilst Rhiannon took an age choosing more buttons. I am bringing him round to the idea of posh yarn but it will take some convincing. In the mean time it is still on the Christmas list.

No comments:

Post a Comment