Friday, 4 September 2009

Slow and steady wins the race.


I have to say I am loving my projects since I decided to put the green vintage shrug to one side. I finished Rhiannon's school jumper in a matter of days and have also done two of the cutest tea cosy's ever. I am now onto my first attempt at lace knitting with the Juliet Scarf. I've also lined up lots of other grown up quick knits for the Christmas pile, hats and fingerless gloves etc. I don't have time for a big long knit again at the moment and I am not keen to go back to the toys just yet as they are a bit fiddly and need a lot of seaming.
I have managed to go running this week and do some Tai Chi and Yoga but today am feeling quiet drained. I've done a lot of reading for my dissertation and quiet a bit of practical organsing so that I can do the bibliography and some other bits as I go along. I've also done the draft of my ethics form and have recieved good feedback just asking for a bit more detail in certain areas. My supervisor has given some other helpful comments about trying to stay focused and I was saying exactly the same thing to mum on the phone last night.
I think that it is so tempting when you find something interesting to try and squeeze it all in but the trick to this is to keep it as simple as possible so that you can write in depth and look really knowledgeable. Today is a computer day where I need to just do lots of searching out articles etc, but I really feel like going out for a walk after being stuck in the house all day yesterday due to the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment