Today was another sorting things out before we go one holiday day. I spent all morning giving the garden a good drenching and feeding the plants. Then the heavens opened and decided to do the job better than me. Not too bad, hopefully it will stop the cauliflower from bolting. Some of it will be coming up for dinner tonight but the other little babes have to last for 2 weeks. I'm so attached to the tomatoes I think that I'll be taking them with me. I know I am very sad!
Finished a few more bits for the Christmas box. The idea to do these little toys has been a great way to use up odds and ends and try out new stuff. Plus I get a quick adrenalin hit off each finished object. I wish that R and I could be in the same room whilst I am making stuff though but there isn't any space in this place. Still every day is a step closer, in one way or another, to making that dream. Whether it is practising our gardening, preserving, crafting skills or just not spending any money. It will all count for something in the end. Right now the biggest challenge is the stuff with uni but I need to remember that for me a social qualification is a means to an end, and I REALLY want that end.
Thursday, 30 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment