Monday, 27 July 2009

Getting ready for holidays

Did a big clean today in preparation for going away. It feels really good to clean up and get lots of annoying little jobs out of the way. Spent an hour with Rhiannon unravelling 14 different colours of yarn that she had managed to get into one big knot! Now it's all sorted I'm encouraging her to do a caterpillar and use it all up.

Quick tidy and check around the practise garden to see what might be ready to go into a veg box for the journey down. Lots of potatoes, courgettes and hopefully a cauliflower. I was thinking that the Toms might ripen this week but it is just not hot enough at the moment.

Working on the DPNs at the moment with a goldfish, good practise for socks later on. Found loads of sale yarn online, heartbreaking as we don't have the cash. Tried to turn it into a positive by saying that even if I ordered then I wouldn't be in to get the delivery. Finally got time to put more photos up though so I can keep track of what I do have. At the moment I'm going through it all quiet quickly with lots of mini projects but once I hit a big sweater or cardi I'll slow right down.

No comments:

Post a Comment